INFECTION CONTROL COMMITTEE
- Hospital of well-informed healthcare practitioners providing excellent care in a timely and effective management of healthcare associated infections towards patients and personnel.
- To be instruments of change towards a safe and quality care to all patients, healthcare workers and visitors through prevention and control of infection.
Program, Scope and Objectives
The scope of the Infection Prevention and Control Programs hospital wide and embraces all hospital departments and services dealing with the delivery and support of patient cares. All employees in the hospital are responsible to follow the infection control program to detect, prevent and control infections within the facility. Sustained in service orientation, education and compliance for all staff relative to infection prevention in an infection chain.
- To establish an active hospital infection control program.
- To implement policies and procedures relative to hospital infection control program within each department.
- To monitor continuous improvement and evaluate quality of care of hospital infection control program.
- To identify, control and prevent the spread of infection within the hospital environment because infections acquired within the hospital or brought into the hospital from the community are potential hazards for all hospital population.
- To develop safe medical practices and creates good environment for all hospital employees and patients including their families as well as visitors.
- To improve quality of care being given in the hospital by making certain that the staff know and understand their responsibilities in the program.
- All staff will understand the impact of infection and infection control practices to enable them to discharge their personal responsibilities to patients and other staff, visitors and themselves.
- To meet the standards of National Level Accreditation Organizations like the Department of Health, Philippine Hospital Infection Control Society and other allied health organizations on infection control program.
- Infection control programs must be supported by resourced infection control staff.
Components of the Infection Prevention and Control Organization
- Infection Prevention and Control Committee
- Hospital organogram
- Formulation of policies and procedures for all departments
- Formulation of criteria to be used for surveillance program
- Reporting and analyzing of healthcare acquired infection
- Infection control link physician and link nurses function on HAI’s with the accomplished form
- Review of the susceptibility / resistance program
- Creation of the antibiotic monitoring unit in coordination with the therapeutics committee and microbiology department
- Review of all aseptic, isolation and sanitary techniques within the hospital
- Recommend proposals and protocols be conducted for improvements of patient care practices
- Certificate of Recognition from Philippine Hospital Association 2017
- Certificate of Participation in Hospital Best Practices in Infection Prevention and Control Hand
- Hygiene and Outbreak Prevention Management 2017
- Certificate of Recognition from Philippine Hospital Association 2018
- Certificate of Participation in Hospital Best Practices in Infection Prevention and Control Among Healthcare Workers and healthcare Waste Management 2018
- PHICS @ 25 P.I.L.A.K. 25th Annual Convention, Certificate of 15 years Loyalty Award for Infection Control Nurse