The Surgical Intensive Care unit (SICU), located on the second floor of the Main Building, is a seven-bed critical care unit. All bed have direct access to the nurse station allowing nurses to keep a close watch on all patients at all times.
The SICU cares for a diverse type of patients (pediatric, adult, geriatric, and gynecologic.) and treats a wide variety of diagnosis including: trauma and animal bites, surgical, neurologic, oncologic, respiratory, and cardiac.
We use a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care. This team includes: General Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Oncologists, ENT-HN Surgeons, Cardiologists, Urologists, Pediatricians, Ophthalmologists, Hematologists, Obstetric-Gynecologists, Radiologists, Anesthesiologists, Nurses, Respiratory Therapist, Nutritionists & Dieticians, Pharmacists, Social Worker, Rehabilitation Therapist and Clergy.
- Region II Trauma and Medical Center is in the forefront of trauma care in Region II.
- To improve the health and well-being of our patient population by delivering quality medical-surgical and nursing care by a highly-trained Healthcare Team, utilizing the modern techniques and current technological equipment available.
- We avow individual significance and dignity by addressing the needs of the body, mind and spirit.
- We are committed to maintain the highest level of critical care expertise in order to meet the diverse needs and exceed expectations of our community.
- We take pride in our collaborative relationships with our patients, their families, and all the ancillary services that are involved in returning our patients to health and wellness.